let’s talk about how the Alps, a white horse, dalmatians and sports might change your life.
I always wanted to move to the Alps. A place I have always felt drawn to with its unique magic – wild, untamed nature, endless playgrounds, incredible beauty. It has not disappointed and I love what it brings out in me, my loved ones, my clients. The Alps awake an aliveness that is an absolutely unique experience. The Alpine Retreat is all about passing on this experience of aliveness, play and presence, interlaced with coaching.
play with a horse
There’s one piece I so often miss in leadership training with horses: Play. It’s relatively easy to dominate. If you know how to apply the right amount of force at the right amount of time. Just a little bit intimiated, control. And the result can be tremendous.
But what about working together in a way that brings out utter brilliance, in both of you?
What if it wasn’t about either being clear or gentle at all? Instead the real magic lied in the messy middle part where you both figured how to dance together?
Imagine co-creating a profound relationship without a single word necessary. And yet getting all the important lessons. Because you cut right through to who you both are being without lots of heady word clouds getting in the way.
This experience is available with our dalmatians, too. We talk about what you would like to create. And then we choose the animal that is the best fit for your goals.
What you may create from this experience:
- Upgrade your leadership: Every animal offers a unique opportunity to have a look at your own leadership. We subtract the words and add the clearest mirror imaginable, which is what makes the experience so powerful.
- Refine your enrolment skills: Find out if you can enrol the animal in the dance you want to have with them. If no, how you might go and create it. Figure what you tend to step over in your enrolment process, whether it’s a four- or a two-legged creature.
- Find out about your limits: An animal is just that… an animal, being itself. You can’t change that bit of the equation all that much. So – it’s on you to take on responsibility to get what you want. Where do you get hooked, frustrated, or even blaming? Where to you stop to communicate, and why?
It’s an intriguing thing to work with an animal on leadership. To work with a being where words aren’t the vehicle to communicate what I want and to create movement. Without fully knowing what I was going to experience with Anna and Ægir (her horse).
I felt in awe of this animal – how it was being itself so easily and without hesitation. Through Ægir being himself so clearly and not taking anything personally, it gave me the opportunity to see myself very clearly. Seeing where I hesitate, where I am unsure and where I am in my power. My leadership was being reflected every step of the way – without projection.
I was also struck by how much can be communicated just through my presence. As words don’t make sense to a horse, I needed to find new ways of showing what I wanted – I tried out, played and found new ways of bringing leadership to Ægir. The more presence I brought, the more clearly I was able to co-create an experience together. Before this, I hadn’t experienced how clearly my presence changed the space.
And it was through how Anna provided the exact amount of leading, allowing, and inviting into the space, that I was able to experience myself in my leadership. She was there, and in a way also wasn’t. Anna’s relationship with Ægir supported me to feel comfortable and trusting – I felt that in every moment that Anna could step in and take the reins, if I lost the ability to lead Ægir.
explore your (physical) edges
The Alps have an endless array of fun sports to offer – snowskating, mountainbiking, sailing, hiking,… Davos’ tagline is “sports unlimited” for a reason. Whether we choose a sport in which I am able to teach you, or one in which you teach me. Or one where we explore something new together – there’s something to discover and learn in all of those. What does make this different than just going on a sports trip together? It’s about the intentions before and the reflection after we’ll do together. Both are aimed towards turning this adventure into a powerful takeaway for the rest of your life.
What you may create from this experience:
- Get to know your own limits: You may have always wanted to try that particular sport, and now it’s finally the time. And then, your body won’t play along. Or you feel sick on the gondola and all you want to is to leave that damn mountain. Whatever may be the limits you discover… We’ll work with them in the moment and have a look at where else in life they may stop you, too.
- Hone your communication skills: Are you up for letting me know how you really feel? Or are you on the other side of the spectrum? Being picky about this and that, not really open to the experience? And in either case: How do you let me know? And what would you like to create going forward?
- Leadership and triggers: Is the thought of teaching your own coach kinda weird? Or do you tend to get frustrated and angry if something new doesn’t work right away? Or did you end up choosing a sport that actually felt safe? Whatever it may be, there’s something bigger we can have a look at.
simply be in nature & great company
If what you crave most in nature is just time off, serenity, meditation and space, because they ever fall short, this is also an option. Sitting next to a herd of horses for an hour? A peaceful dog walk on a mountainous trail? Simply chilling out in a hammock in the sun? Either way – far away from what you would normally choose. We will create just the mix that’s right for you. We can share casual conversations, meals, cook together, have fun – along with deeper, more serious work. Let’s look for the balance that works for you to move forward what you would love the most. (You can also bring your project into the mix.)
I felt I struggled to keep up with the things that needed to get done – logistics of managing a young family, a household, a career, exciting hobbies, travel… I booked a weekend with Anna. It was like I’d been on a long holiday. Not only refreshed after playing with her beautiful animals, enjoying the dramatic scenery and good company (and food!!) – but her excellent coaching made me re-prioritise what is important to ME, where my values are, and put me back on the path to achieving my personal goals and full of energy to ‘throw myself back into it’. Thank you Anna!!
Tina DankwartValue Stream Architect
What you may create from this experience:
- Explore what being in nature naturally drives up for you: You might feel guilty or lazy. You might think you don’t deserve that level of serenity, or you can’t ever create it where you normally live. You might be fidgety with meditation, think it’s stupid to stare into a blank space for a couple hours. Let’s challenge the need to be productive, effective and driven to be a worthy member of society. Let’s have a look what may be available on the other side.
- Intense, deep coaching in person to kick off a lasting change: It’s not a daily occurrence to be up and close with a coach open to support you. You may choose to use the opportunity to create a breakthrough in an area of life. One you never quite get what you want.
- Get a sense of your own blindspots: Living a life different life than you normally would for a few days – coaching included – is designed to help you see your own blindspots. It might be a tacky relationship to time being scarce. Or it offers you a unique new choice in terms of what supports your well-being.
this is how it works:
The process is really quite simple:
- We get to know each other on a call. It gives us space to figure whether a retreat would serve you in what you want to create next.
- I prepare a proposal for you. We then meet for a session over the phone before the retreat. We can speak about the proposal and what would support you to powerfully choose into the experience.
- In case you are a yes to the experience, we meet in Davos for one day to a week.
- We meet one more time over the phone after the experience to solidify what you took from the experience
Pricing starts at 300 CHF / 350$ / 280€ and we can create pretty much anything together. This is about you getting YOUR version of the Alpine Retreat. ❤️
Get in touch here, I’m looking forward!